S O C O + T H E O C M I X B L O G
Introducing… the SOCO + The OC Mix Blog!
Since we are unable to gather at the center, the SOCO + The OC Mix Blog was created as a way to stay united virtually. New posts will be published twice per week to keep the Orange County community and beyond up to date on all of the latest offerings, design trends, must-have items, food specials, and more from all of the businesses at SOCO + The OC Mix. Be one of the first to check out the first two posts here and come back for more content later this week!
K I D S C L U B N E W S
SOCO + The OC Mix’s Kids Club Goes Viral
The Kids Club events you know and love will now take place online while the Safer at Home order is in place. Kids and families will hear a live story reading followed by a fun craft that is easy to complete at home.
The first online Kids Club will be posted on the blog this Wednesday, April 8 and will feature a reading of Here Comes the Easter Cat along with a fun spring egg craft.
B U S I N E S S U P D A T E S
Outlined below are a variety of SOCO + The OC Mix restaurant offerings available as teams work hard to serve the community. Additional updates will be shared as they are announced:
- Birdie Bowl & Juicery – All of the shop’s menu items are available to go and are a great healthy option during this time; new business hours are 8a – 4p daily; delivery available via Doordash
- Eggslice – Updated business hours are Wednesday through Sunday 7a – 1p and customers are welcome to order for take out OR order for delivery via Postmates, Grubhub, and Yelp; Check in on Eggslice’s Instagram and website for updated information and place orders online for takeout here.
- Farmers’ Market – The SOCO market will remain open and continue to implement new guidelines provided by LA County’s Health Department, (suspending hot foods, removing our seating area, etc.). Signage has been added that reminds customers to wash their produce and their hands. The market manager has also been instructed to enforce social distancing in check-out lines.
- Portola Coffee Roasters – The shop is open from 7a – 6p daily; Customers may place to go orders ahead online (delivery coming soon); gift cards also available for purchase and 20% of gift card sales go back to Portola staff to help them through this time.
- Rich Elixirs – The team launched online delivery & curbside as of 3/17; also offering buy 3 get the 4th free immunity shots + 15% off if customers bring in their own cup.
- Savory Spice Shop – Shipping and/or curbside pick-up is available for customers – simply email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your phone number in the email) and the Savory Spice team will package the order and get it shipped via USPS ($5 flat rate domestic shipping) or customers may pick it up from the shop. The team is at the shop 11a – 1p daily. Guests are also welcome to call the team during this time at 949-284-0576.
- Sunright Tea Studio – Adjusted hours are 11a – 6p daily; The shop is open for to go orders that customers may call in at 949-232-3750 or order online
- Temakira – Customers may place phone orders for pick up at 949-650-0305 in addition to order delivery on Grubhub, Doordash, Postmates, and Uber Eats
- The Cheese Shop – The shop’s adjusted hours are Sunday – Thursday 9:30a – 6p and Friday – Saturday 9a – 6p; Take out and curbside pick up available (order online here) in addition to Doordash, Grubhub, and Postmates delivery available.
- See below for a list of temporary restaurant closures:
Retail/Service Business Updates:
All of the below non-essential businesses at SOCO + The OC Mix are closed, however a majority are offering ways for customers to shop, place orders, and meet with design experts virtually:
- Bearfruit Jewelry – Available for online orders
- Blue Skies – The store is offering free shipping and 20% off all orders; email email@example.com to set up an appointment between 10a – 6p daily to try on hats and scarves (one person at a time)
- BoConcept – The team remains ready to assist you in every way possible and can arrange for a Virtual Design Service, available by video apps (Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp etc.) or by phone; book your appointment by clicking here
- Brown Jordan – The showroom team is available for virtual shopping experiences through platforms like Facebook Live, FaceTime, and video conferencing; the showroom’s Spring Sale promotion has been extended through May, which offers customers 10% off all collections, now including the award-winning Oscar collection and the Walter Lamb Aluminum dining series
- Calligaris – The showroom is open online; Customers may place orders or send requests re: product information and pricing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chuck Jones – Guests wishing to drop off art for the Red Dot Auction may do so by visiting Jones Companies Tuesday through Saturday from 9a – 5p (ring doorbell for access)
- Cilek Kids Room – The Cilek team is available to be reached at email@example.com or 949-220-2503; shop online here
- Cisco Home – The showroom team is happy to FaceTime, send photos, and answer general Cisco questions; get in touch with the team by calling 714-432-1630
- Design Within Reach – Book your virtual appointment by clicking here or receive live video and text assistance with DWR Account Executives during business hours – more info here
- Eva’s Trunk – Customers who purchase a gift card for $200 will receive 20% off (purchase by emailing or calling Eva at 714-319-2542). Gift card valid for 6 months.
- HAY – Customers may connect with HAY team members for questions regarding products and to place orders here
- Local Fare – Small businesses need your support now more than ever, and @corkcicle + @riflepaperco are giving you an easy way to help. Now when you purchase anything through Corkcicle’s website, you’ll have the option to support a small business of your choosing. We highly recommend choosing @local_fare located inside The OC Mix.
- Milk & Hones Baby – Shop online here and receive free shipping
- Room & Board – Place online orders here
- Roomscapes – Click here to schedule a virtual appointment
- STARK – The showroom team is working remotely and is available to assist on all needs including orders, deliveries, etc. Please contact Lauren van Geem via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Mixing Glass – The shop is open for phone (714-975-9952) and online orders only; curbside pick up is available and can be picked up 1 hour after order is placed; delivery is also available and is estimated to arrive within 24 hours after ordering; gift cards are also available for purchase
- The Shade Store – Online showroom is open and 325+ design consultants are available to assist every step of the way
- Timothy Oulton – The showroom is offering 50% off everything online, including new &, made to order pieces; Place orders or ask questions by calling William Escobar (Gallery Manager) at 657-218-7111 or email at email@example.com