This call will be open to all qualified artists. Professional artists, hobbyists, and students may apply; however, to be considered for this project, artists must demonstrate experience completing projects of similar scope.
- Artist Resume
- Letter of Interest: This gives artists an opportunity to introduce themselves + describe why they are interested in the project, their approach to creating public art, & any past relevant experience.
- Visual Support Materials (5 images min.): This gives artists the opportunity to show examples of past relevant work. Acceptable materials include print or digital versions of work samples. If the artist chooses to submit printed materials, they must scan or convert into a single PDF file & send via email.
All submissions must be received by 5:00pm PST on 8/16 at the email address listed below:
Kitchen Table Marketing
Re: SOCO + The OC Mix
*attachments must be in JPG, PNG or PDF form
- Artistic excellence, as evidenced by past work (30%)
- Demonstrated experience working on projects of similar scope (30%)
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to engaging the community in public art projects (30%)
- Ownership/Management Preference (10%)
The SOCO + the OC Mix teams will collectively decide on the murals that aesthetically look best & highlight the character of the center in the best way. Submissions received by the deadline will then be reviewed, and those applicants who are identified as most qualified for the project will be notified. Selected finalists will then be given a theme/creative direction and asked to submit custom designs/proposals by a specific deadline (8/18/19) before the final muralist is chosen. Submissions will be kept for future mural opportunities.
- Artist will be responsible for the design, fabrication, delivery and installation of the artwork within the given timeframe, including using appropriate materials.
- Mural Dimensions: Interior wall 8′ tall x 10’4″ wide (approximate)
- Wall Construction/Materials: TBD