As you may have noticed, there’s been quite a popular trend many of us have tried while we’re sheltering at home – baking! What better way to pass the time than with a fun activity which ends with a delicious treat??
For those who are already on the baking bandwagon, and those who are willing to give it a try, SusieCakes has a ton of tasty recipes that you can bake at home. Below you will find instructions and ingredients to guide you through our personal favorite (7-Layer Bars), but if you’re in the mood for something different – perhaps a snickerdoodle, brownie, or even a flourless oatmeal cookie – all of Susie’s featured recipes are online here: http://susiecakes.com/recipes/.
We love these bars because not only are they downright delicious, but they require all the BEST ingredients which end up as one perfect dessert. And, they’re super easy to make! Just follow the directions below – happy baking!
INGREDIENTS (GRAHAM CRUST):
3 c graham cracker crumbs
1 c unsalted butter
¼ c granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
1 c butterscotch chips
1 c shredded coconut
1 c pecan pieces
1 ¼ c chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
STEPS (GRAHAM CRUST):
- Pre-heat oven to 350º.
- Place graham cracker crumbs into a bowl with sugar and salt.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Stream melted butter into graham mixture and stir with wooden spoon until combined.
- Press graham into the bottom of a 9 x 9 pan sprayed baking dish and set aside
- Place butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, shredded coconut and pecans into a bowl and toss until combined.
- Drizzle ¼ of the can of sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker crust in criss-cross pattern.
- Pour the filling over the crust and use your hands to make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Drizzle the rest of the sweetened condensed milk over the top starting around the outside border and go back and forth until the can is empty.
- Place in the oven at 350° for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool at room temperature before cutting into bars. Enjoy!